Paradigm Sensors’ i-SPEC™ Q-100
handheld field unit is capable of testing total glycerin,
acid number, and methanol as well as biodiesel concentration,
between B0 to B100, correlating with current FTIR and GC
TOTAL GLYCERIN in blended fuels (B6-B20), which is
in accordance with ASTM proposal that the biodiesel
portion of the fuel must meet ASTM 6751 prior to blending.
We at Paradigm Sensors consider biodiesel quality our number one priority. Our proprietary Impedance Spectroscopy (IS) technology now makes it possible to put biodiesel testing into a handheld device that is:
Why a Handheld IS Biodiesel Analyzer?
Currently, the most accurate method for evaluating biofuel is to remove
a sample from the manufacturing process, distribution, or end user site
and perform laboratory tests. Setting up a lab or using a lab is very
expensive, requires skilled operators, and generates delays
in providing results. This could result in significant volumes of product in
process or slated for use being rejected, reprocessed or being
Paradigm Sensors’ i-SPEC™ provides economical,
of biodiesel fuel and rapid identification of the quantity of biodiesel
within the media. It provides a new methodology for biomass/petroleum
fluid blend monitoring via embedded proprietary databases with
a resolution of + 1.0%. This
will allow critical fluid property determinations to be made in
the field without the need for laboratory analysis.
Paradigm’s i-SPEC™ Q-100 handheld analyzer will enable you
to test in the field for total glycerin*, methanol, and acid
number as well as measure diesel/biodiesel blend percentages.
The i-SPEC™ provides biodiesel producers, blenders, fleet managers,
regulators, and revenue agents some of the following benefits:
- Producers can test their B100 affordably, between lab checks.
- Blenders can determine incoming quality of their B100.
- Fleet managers and owners can now test on site to determine the quality
and blend percent of their biodiesel.
- Regulators now have a convenient and cost effective means to screen biodiesel
and increase throughput.
- Revenue agents can screen for percent blend onsite.
This translates into significant benefits in the following ways:
- Assures biodiesel meets your specification in real time, on-site testing.
- Decreases your laboratory costs
- Increases your productivity: minutes versus days
- Helps you avoid out-of-spec biodiesel, thus saving on maintenance costs